How to use the LaTeX tables generator?
- Set the desired size of the table using Table / Set size menu option.
- Enter the table data into the table:
- copy (Ctrl+C) table data from a spreadsheet (e.g. Google Docs,
LibreOffice Calc, webpage) and paste it into our editor -- click a cell
and press Ctrl+V
- or double click any cell to start editing it's contents --
Tab and Arrow keys can be used to navigate table cells
- Adjust text alignment and table borders using the options from the
menu and using the toolbar buttons -- formatting is applied to all the
- Click "Generate" button to see the generated table's LaTeX source
code -- select it and copy to your document.
Default or booktabs table style?
For more professionally looking tables you probably want to try
package. The tables produced with this style look more like the tables you can see in
the books, scientific articles, and newspapers. The tables differ from the plain
LaTeX tables in a few aspects:
- no vertical rules are used,
- there is additional space above and below horizontal rules,
- rules have varying "thickness", and no double rules are used.
Use can choose the table style using the select box in the toolbar. If you
select the booktabs option both top and bottom rules will be added automatically.